Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-10-08, 12:12)slippyjim Wrote: I asked this question over at github and got a reply that seems to answer why it is not working but no explanation how to fix it, can someone explain what I need to do please...??!?

I have XBMC 13.2 on my windows PC and ace stream is fine with p2p stream, but on my linux PC XBMC 13.1 I cant get it to work.

When I click on "acestream - p2p streams addon" it says starting the acestream engine initial wait and starts the countdown from 30s. It counts down to 0 then says it cant connect, it never moves onto the pre buffering stage like it does on my windows pc

I have tried many flavours & versions of linux but no success
All necessary ports are open in the router
Sopcast works ok through p2p streams on both machines

Windows 7 PC
i5-3570K
8GB RAM
samsung evo 120GB SSD

Linux Xubuntu 13
Acer revo
4GB
320GB HDD

Run:
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/acestreamengine --client-console --lib-path $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream

To know what the problem is.

My reply
I ran that in a terminal and it displayed this
Cannot load libraries: path /home/tv/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin,video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib

It's plugin.video not plugin,video

So my question is
How do I alter that? (please bare in mind I am not very experienced with linux!!)
How can that be wrong? All I've done is follow the guide on how to install p2p-stream, I've not manually changed or altered anything

Thanks in advance!!!

Run: $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/acestreamengine --client-console --lib-path $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream on your terminal

DO NOT RUN $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/acestreamengine --client-console --lib-path $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin,video.p2p-streams/acestream

There is a point in the folder not a comma

(2014-10-08, 12:38)ED-209 Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 20:59)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 16:49)ED-209 Wrote: Ni i'm asking about the older one, XIOS DS, which is currently running the linux build made by a guy called 'the hydra'.
Would be awesome to get p2p streams working on my xios ds box in my son's room.

There's nothing as trying the different armv7 os's. Here's the plan;
1) Start with MxLinux
Test acestream and sopcast:
If acestream works but sopcast doesn't put settings back to default and choose the jynxbox pure linux versin
if sopcast works but ace doesnt: Test with the xbian build

Thanks very much. I assume that when you say 'test acestream' I guess you mean try playing content which requires acestream engine, correct?

Obviously.

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - by enen92 - 2014-10-08, 13:12
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14