Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-10-30, 12:15)gb160 Wrote: First time I've been able to use sopcast on anything later than gotham beta 2!!
Acestreams are working fine as well.
I had a slight issue where a sopcast stream kicked me out after a minute or so....but I'm not sure if there was an issue with the stream, as ive been watching the same stream for a while now with no kickouts, previously it would kick me out within a couple of seconds .....I'll give it a proper test later when there are some more sopcast links available.
Cracking work as usual enen....I knew you wouldn't leave us Mac users out in the cold for too long!!
Btw..this is osx Yosemite 10.10 64bit
also thanks to @neno1978 for discovering this working Ace Stream.app in the first place.

Glad to see u here I'm still following tottenham matches whenever possible Wink
I already explained why that problem with sopcast happens. It happens in every platform however as in other platforms the file is retrieved from a remote location (by http) the player stops and buffers (1 or 2 minutes normally). Sometimes the stream drops as well, mainly in android.
In OSX as the file is being saved to the disk and forwarded to the player when it is buffering no content is being downloaded so the file you're playing doesn't increase its size. So xbmc reaches quickly the end of file (EOF). The sopcast binary is still working on the background and the time you need to restart the stream is normally enough to stabilize the p2p network and to get a good download speed. Hence, the stream plays pretty well afterwards.

I've been using this only on osx for the past few days and the results have been pretty good. Acestreams behave better than with the older engine Big Grin
A pity it doesn't work on the pi and other linux arm devices but at least the update improved the technology a lot making the user experience so much better.

PS: You can "solve" this issue if you increase the player timeout on sopcast tab settings. Make it one minute or so..and I doubt the stream will drop after that. However if you do something like this you'll have 1 minute stream delay + the delay of the actual stream. Pretty unpractical and probably better to suffer 1 drop and play it fine afterwards

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - by enen92 - 2014-10-30, 14:54
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14