Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-11-17, 16:42)owl282820 Wrote: Hi,
I've been trying to use your addon for the past few weeks and keep giving up through frustration. I hope you can help, because when it does work for me it's fantastic. I'm running XBMC Gotham 13.2 on a Win7 machine. Download speed usually in excess of 75Mbps. I have both upload and download settings at unlimited and have used the settings suggested in the wiki for connects etc.The relevant port is confirmed as forwarded on router.

Using Acestreams, when streams play they are brilliant quality with very rare buffering and upload & download rates are usually quite high. However, it's getting the streams to play in the first place that is the problem for me. The streams I'm trying to play using the addon work quickly and perfectly on Acestreams site, but most of the time cause XBMC to freeze. After clicking on the link in the addon the engine starts OK and pre-buffering bar fills up very quickly, but it then disappears and XBMC freezes and I have to use Ctrl, Alt & Del to stop it.

I'd be very grateful if you could have a look at the attached log file and crash log and tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this.

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353518

Crash log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353519

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the brilliant work. There are so many people who are very grateful.

OWL282820

(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

(2014-11-17, 17:05)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been holding back from moving to Kodi because so many people have said it was best to wait, and Gotham was more stable.

(2014-11-17, 17:33)enen92 Wrote: Instead of moving to kodi and possibly break your config i'd create a new windows user and install kodi only for that user. See if you still have those freezes. They're probably related to video acceleration and kodi has a few fixes for that

(2014-11-17, 23:48)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 21:56)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 21:42)owl282820 Wrote: I did as you suggested and made the change to Kodi. (It was about time I did anyway). When i attempted to add my streams to favourites, the pop-up box said they were added successfully, but they don't show in favourites. The txt files show in addon_data though. Any ideas?

All those "listings" need to be fixed for Helix on my side, some functions of kodi are different (or behave on a different way). Added it to the to-do list.
How did it behave in respect to the freezes before playback in Kodi?

Streams are working fine now. No freezes. Looking forward to being able to add to favourites for easier access. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Update - Had to move back to Gotham. Too many addons that I use regularly were not working with Kodi. I take it that there's no possible fix or workaround for my original problem?

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - by owl282820 - 2014-11-21, 02:49
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14