Video tearing on Nightly/Maverick
Not completely sure, but from what I've read only people with Mac mini 2010 and the Nvidia GeForce 320M have experienced the tearing.

Anyway, I was able to reproduce the tearing now in a rather small log, I hope I got all the info needed in there so anyone with more know-how than me can take a look: http://pastebin.com/5Mi9qSUg

I started an episode of Frozen Planet (a lot of panning views) and skipped back and forward a lot. I've noticed that doing this usually makes the tearing become more noticeable quicker and after a few minutes it was rather visible and I closed Kodi.

I also noticed today during testing that the video playback isn't always completely smooth. Instead of a smooth transitions for panning views there's a small jitter, it looks almost like I was playing the video in the wrong frame rate or had some bad image processing turned on. It's not always there and if I restart Kodi I can usually play the same video without any jitter and 100% smooth.

I haven't tested the jitter thing that much, but the little I've experienced the jitter is there when the tearing is present more or less.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video tearing on Nightly/Maverick - by manhas - 2014-12-02, 10:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video tearing on Nightly/Maverick0