Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)
(2015-02-24, 12:57)tfouto Wrote: Finally my nuc5i3ryk arrived. 120 GB Kingston Sata III. 4GB of Ram.

So far my few, initial impressions:

Booting to Win 8.1 or OpenElec is insanely fast. Launching Kodi 14.2 beta is slow. it take 3-4 seconds to launch. A little disapointed because of this. It's slow to get even to splash screen. Maybe this fix will solve it: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1870480 Have to try later when home.

On my i-3770k, is almost instant.

The performance of Kodi on Nuc is fast. Playing 4k HEVC, is not a smoot experience. Even on Opelec, and mpc-hc. I have to try with lower bitrates, but high-mid bitrates HEVC, is a no go for now. Maybe when the codecs are more mature things get better and HW support gets fully implemented.

Also i cant sleep the NUC. Anybody knows why? I have a Microsoft All-in-Keyboard, and have to plug in a mini usb bluetooth. Maybe that's because of that? When i sleep the NUC, it just wake itself.

Thanks

So a refresh.
Kodi is just slow starting up when i plug on my monitor computer, because there is no audio connection I use a cheap HDMI adapter to displayport. My 1440p monitor dont have HDMI inputs. Only displayport and DVI-D. Maybe Kodi takes longer when there's no Audio signal, because it's searching for one. On TV it's really fast (HDMI). So it's ok. I use on TV. Monitor computer is just to configure my NUC anyway.

Regarding to sleep, i cant make it sleep, when using keyboard with usb, and making it sleep via keyboard. If i use the IR remote control it sleeps fine and wake up fine, even if keyboard (USB) is plugged.So ok either, because that's how i want it to use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU) - by tfouto - 2015-02-25, 12:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)6