[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
After a few months running my own Helix compile from January 27, I finally got around to installing Ember last night. I used the conversion files and it was a pretty painless process. I first backed up my configuration to a USB stick using PuTTY and tar
Code:
tar cvf /media/sda1/kodi.tar .kodi
and then inserted the prepared SD card and typed 'reboot recovery' to kick start the update process. Once it was up and running with WiFi configured I restored my backup
Code:
/etc/init.d/kodi stop; tar xvf /media/sda1/kodi.tar; /etc/init.d/kodi start
and was back to my usual familiar configuration. I can't say I've noticed any massive improvements (perhaps videos load quicker?), but I like that the LED is back to being green! I did also have a problem with subtitles not downloading, but it was easily fixed by changing the subtitle location from "Next to the video" to the Kodi temp folder. Disappointingly the 250ms audio lag bug is still there for some videos, but I am hopeful that the hanging bug may be fixed. I think I'll stick with this build as it seems to work at least as well as the MX Linux Helix builds.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by bobones - 2015-04-23, 12:05
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5