XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?
Hello Milhouse, thanks a lot for all your contributions and this script. I actually haven't tried it yet as what I'm attempting to do is simpler (I think).

I have a RPi hooked to a monitor (so no cec) and a pair of speakers (analog). I control the RPi with a IR remote or with my phone; the whole setup is placed above a door frame so the monitor power button is hard to reach. Half of the time I use the setup just for music and the other half I watch TV.

Until now I have been using Openelec 4.97.2 which is the latest version to include the suspend mode that allow me to turn off (standby) my monitor without using a chair Rofl I would very much like to update to 5.0.8

Ideally I would like to set the power button of my remote as a "vcgencmd display_power" toggle. My question is: If the monitor is off and I launch some music with my phone, will it be awaken?

I've found this script: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/solved-error...-press/665 and I tried it but it doesnt work for me, I think paths are wrong since SteveM uses it for Raspbmc

Thanks in advance, I hope I was clear

EDIT: I just send the command vcgencmd display_power 0 and then launch music from the phone and it works! it doesn't wake up the monitor.. I have to make this works.. please help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle? - by c_g_f - 2015-04-29, 15:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?1