[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Forgive me if this has already been answered but I spent a couple hours reading through posts in this 100+ page thread and all day scouring the internet trying to find answers.

I have been trying to install Geniatech Linux on my ATV520E using the method suggested by the OP (copying files to fat32 formatted sdcard).

I can only get into the recovery screen and can never get android to update, either automatically or through trying to select the file via update from EXT. I can never get anything to show up on the sdcard, even folders I make on the sd card as a test do not show up. I have also tried changing the .zip to a .img

I have tried formatting and copying the files to the sd card from both windows 7 and ubuntu 15.04 but get the same results. No matter how long I hold the update button (except that it boots normally into android if I don't hold it long enough) it only goes to the android recovery menu and I can't ever see anything on the sd card when I select update from EXT. it just shows /sdcard and the only option is back /..

Please I would really appreciate some help. I have been working at this all day.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by ibuntu - 2015-08-05, 05:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5