Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
Okay guys, I have exciting news for you!

After literally DAYS trying to make acestream to run on the raspberry pi (raspberry pi 2 with raspbian) I was finally successfull running it. It was a huge ammount of work and, also, a huge hack to get it working. It was however fun as always and it served to learn some new stuff Smile

The engine that is running on the pi is the android version of acestreamengine, without any modifications in the core module. This means, it's the last version (3.0.6) that is running there, no reverted code at all. Hopefully, acestreamengine developers won't have any reason to just break it again.

I also want to thank several people for the huge ammount of help provided. Namely:

-Diogo Santos (main pipplware raspberry pi distribution developer)
-krnlyng (one of the main developers of apkenv)
-aaa801 (razdroid project)

First impressions:
-It runs really well and the performance is great. Better han any android box crap.

A few notes:
-It won't probably work on the raspberry pi 1 (haven't tested it however the pi1 is arm6 and the rp2 is arm7)
-Haven't tried to run it on openelec yet, not sure if it will work

Screenshots:

Screenshots of kodi on the tv running p2p-streams with a LEGAL acestream and the acestreamengine plus netstat running on the pi (vnc). Netstat is running to prove you the acestreamengine is actually running on the raspberry pi 2 and not on a remote machine (port 62062, 8621 and 6878 listening).

cheers

Messages In This Thread
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - by enen92 - 2015-08-10, 21:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14