[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-08-11, 20:38)van141 Wrote: Completely new to this alternative for ATV1200 boxes, I service several of them for friends and family members. I have some basic questions, like if you install this Ember or MX Linux firmware (BTW can you point me to download links of this MX Linux?), do you get some Linux interface like you get Android on this box from which you then start Kodi?

Another question, it seems that with these custom firmwares you are 'stuck' with the Kodi version that was worked into the firmware, right? On Android (MyGica Android flavour), on version 4.2.2 anyway, that came with Kodi 14.1 officially, I can opt to reinstall Kodi to the latest Isengard current version and it works just fine.
I have never succeeded in loading Ember. Not sure I'm too worried about that when I read about the problems with it. I use the MX Linux (version 2 on the first post of this thread). There is no MX Linux interface per se (except via Putty), the box boots straight into Kodi.

You are 'stuck' with the Kodi version that you download, that only matters if you need the latest version for a particular feature.

If you're satisfied with you Android version why worry about the MX Linux version? I switched because my box was not very stable with the Android 4.1.2 that it came with and I was looking for something really easy to deal with for other members of the household. Fixing a problem when it occurs is limited to switching the box off (power cord or using the button on the front of the box) and then back on again.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by Grand Total - 2015-08-12, 03:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5