Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-08-19, 14:53)grey Wrote: i'am at work now, but cannot wait to use plexus Big Grin

dumb question: do p2p-stream parsers work with plexus? i asked on purpose as a general question, so not to break any rules of this forum.

p2p-streams will not be supported anymore, you can continue to use it but it will likely be removed by the end of the month. On the 25th of August google code (the distribution repository of the modules) will turn read only. So there is no reason to keep it online and outdated.

To shut down this conversation about the parsers and the lists, they were intentionally removed from Plexus. That being said, they are not to be incuded again nor do they work with Plexus as they worked with p2p-streams.

* They are mini-kodi-addons that worked inside p2p-streams. p2p-streams was responsible to sync, update, add, remove them from the main addon. This of course not only causes confusion about what the addon is and what the parsers are but also caused a lot of problems turning the addon slow, heavy and not to update them properly. Plus, more stuff to mantain in the core addon and slowing the process of updating what matters...the core and the modules granting a way to watch live peer-to-peer streams in Kodi as if they were supported by the software itself. That's my goal.

This addon showed up first in another place rather than this forum. Either if I want it or not, its name "p2p-streams" will always be associated with the other forum, there are a lot of videos showing off how to pirate easily using the ancient addon. Plus a lot of users coming to this forum with questions associated with those links violating the forum rules.

As a matter of respect for the xbmc foundation and everyone developing or contributing to kodi's codebase (since they allowed me to have this addon here even taking into account its ancient past), this addon will only be a player (program). The people mantaining the parsers should either fork the old p2p-streams and give it a different name or adapt the older parsers as a standalone kodi addon that uses Plexus as a player if they still want to take advantage of our development/updates on Plexus and modules.

Period.

Messages In This Thread
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi - by enen92 - 2015-08-19, 16:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14