Any devs working on a Android port of Tvheadend backend?
Hope that it is OK with me bumping this discussion thread as I'm interested to know more current status as well as being very curious about the Tvheadend development team short-term and long-term plans for offering native Android support.

I just noticed that the http://www.tvheadend.org website now mentions that "Tvheadend is a TV streaming server and recorder for Linux, FreeBSD and Android", yet I have not read anything about that progress in the news or in any version release or changelog notes.

Does anyone care to share how the Tvheadend development team is getting along on with the work on making the Tvheadend (PVR backend) software be fully supported when running nativly on Android OS?

When if ever do you think that we will se official manufacturer firmware for Android boxes like the Nvidia Shield TV support Tvheadend (PVR backend) software?

And do you think that it will be be deliverable as an out-of-the-box release as part of the manufacturer firmware, or do you think that it will someday will be installable as an Android app from Google's Play Store?

The main point with this is as the original post suggest; to run both Tvheadned (as PVR backend) and Kodi (as PVR client and GUI frontend) on the same Android box under the original Android OS instead of having to run a Linux distro to achieve that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any devs working on a Android port of Tvheadend backend? - by RockerC - 2015-11-10, 17:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any devs working on a Android port of Tvheadend backend?0