Android HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)
(2015-11-17, 03:36)hdmkv Wrote: I don't multitask while ripping. I first rip full disc as ISO via AnyDVD HD to local hard drive on my PC. Then, I mount via Virtual CloneDrive & use tsMuxeR to rip to movie-only ISO.

Again, some of the ISO's that don't play well on Pi2, play perfectly via HiMedia Q5. And, most of my ISO's played fine via non-Kodi M8R 600X3D when I had one.

Okay not much to say about that, I just reacted when you mentioned MakeMkv, I have real bad experience with that software and ripping errors/low quality, but you do it one of the right ways so the problem have to be elsewhere Smile

The intergration between Kodi and the external player have some flakes, no doubt about that since Kodi is so sensitive to minor errors in the rip, the Q5 and the 600X have a much more matured firmware that probably have made space for minior errors and the ability to either correct them or ignore them (maybee the chip makes the difference).

No matter what I will take some time to see if I get the same errros and if they are possible to correct with the ripping method until the firmware are where it is surposed to be in a good product Smile

After the last firmware I have decided to keep the H8 and see if the next firmware have some positive steps the right direction. Smile

Skank

From what I can see in this tread and others, the problem is not Kodi or the external player but the implementation of the two things (thats why the coders from Zidoo and Himedia should use more time here then they do).

Errors can come in many ways, most of the time it is a small fault 40 (40cm in front of the screen) if the hardware used dont support Gpu ripping then the Cpu have to run more and less 100% when ripping, then a small thing like opening the browser or mail can make one little error in the rip (a zero or 1 missing), a small fault in the harddrive where the writing is made and so on.

Software can have a big influence to, the way it works together with the hardware or the OS, so even if we have tried to make the rip so perfect as possible errors do come time to time.

DVDFab is quite expensive so I would recomend the free way to test first, the TsMuxer way, it demands some more work for you but when its only to test then it should be okay, the only reason I bought the big package from DVDFab is that I had to rip more then 2500movies over a relativ short period and could save loads of time paying the 250$, the biggest time benefit is with the 3D movies.

You can find pretty god guides here if you are a little unsure how to do it the best way (the free and those that have a price £$€) http://www.videohelp.com

Until the firmware are matured enough this extra work seems to be necessary.

It would be nice if you write which movies you have problems with so other can compaire and see if wee have the same problem, looks like Avatar is one of the problem kids Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio) - by Kilroy - 2015-11-17, 11:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)3