[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
@corpgator
No sorry the work tag is not supported yet. It is something I am personally interested in so I do hope to add that functionality when I get time. Meanwhile I hope that you will enjoy splitting up composer, conductor and orchestra (and soloists if you have tagged them) as a step in the right direction.

@steve1977
Mostly this improvement is for those people that have already been tagging their music with Composer, Conductor, Lyricist or DJ Mixer etc. and been unable to use it in Kodi. But while I was working on it I added support for TMCL/Performer tags too, that is where you can store the musicians or just about any other contribution. Fewer people will have those populated by default, but some people may be interested in the drummer, or violinist on a track. In adding support for that tag I may have created a monster!! As Zag pointed out to me Musicbrainz as over a million artists and potentially now Kodi could end up knowing about all of them. Yikes!

I suggest that you tag your music with the things that are of interest to you. Tagging classical music with composer is a priority to me, but I really don't care too much who composed each pop track. On the other hand you might want to organise your mix collection by DJ (and separate the DJs from the bands etc.) no ensure that is tagged.

I am not a Picard expert, I only used it a bit for testing, and I found that it populated TMCL by default. But it seems there are options, and you may have turned them off. Enabling both "use release relationships" and "use track relationships" in Picard will give a lot of tags, maybe more than you personally want. I am not sure if you think of that as the "full benefit". I suggest that at first you try with the music as it is tagged, and see what you think.

I fear user response will either be "I didn't see anything new" because they don't have any of the added tags populated, or "wow, overload, too much detail" because Picard has filled the TMCL tag and Kodi has made it visible. I hope we can find a happy middle ground.

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-09, 12:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3