v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
(2016-01-11, 13:48)Moodyone Wrote: @yomark. With the experimental build, does your Shield recognise the Turtle Beach USB sound card, and are you able to select it in settings under audio device, instead of Android, Audiotrack?
No, I have nothing to select there, just the default "AudioTrack". But audio is passed correctly through USB, only Ac3 does not work.

(2016-01-12, 16:48)sam_1421 Wrote: On the Jan. 10 build, on nvidia SHIELD, DTS works, DTS-HD works, Dolby TrueHD works, but not AC3.

My Denon AVR-S510BT just shows "Direct" when playing an AC3 soundtrack, and when I hit "pause", the sound stutters for maybe half a second, and when I resume, there's a very annoying (and loud) cracking sound, and the video seems to fast forward maybe a second or two. I also noticed there's a 200ms audio delay, which doesn't happen when playing other types of audio.

Here is a debug of that : http://www.xbmclogs.com/pa0i8gh5f

It gets interesting around line 5340 I think (pretty much where I paused the video, with debugging activated).

It seems my receiver isn't getting the passthrough stream, or else it would display Dolby Digital (and not simply "direct"). I noticed that when I hit pause, the receiver switches back its mode to PLII Music (Dolby ProLogic II) and when I resume, it goes back to "Direct", but I can see for half a second "Dolby Digital" on the display...
Looks similar to my problem. When I pause/play my receiver also seems to switch a lot between DD/direct, probably because it does not recognize the stream correctly or the stream is not up to it's standards. DTS works fine though. I will try to make a debug log also, maybe it is of some use(is someone is still developing on this branch).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!! - by yomark - 2016-01-13, 16:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11