v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
(2016-01-19, 18:44)Koying Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 18:03)fritsch Wrote: Basically if the time invested into this "argueing" would have been invested into the code, everything would be perfect already and Android had PT of all formats with perfect™ sync.

It was, in v16 (90% of the code is in the sink, which is common, anyway).
Obviously hard to do topical public testing on v17 pre-alpha releases (that I don't run myself).

Yeah - that's right for sure (2nd part). Though i think after having looked into the v16 sink, which uses "strong alignment" with the packet sizes / AE's periodSize, that is not needed at all anymore in v17 - it seems we cannot take 90% to v17. Never the less just trying to catch up and see what is missing to get things properly roling.

Until v17 gets near beta, the Shield users can use their special v16 version, rebased on final v16 as most of those, that only complain and don't provide debuglogs, do anyways. Those that want help testing (as this one user did today and the others with the samples yesterday), can help us with bugreports for upcoming v17.

That being said: I can only read the code / point out issues and try to fix them but I gave my shield away to fellow colleagues that planned to help koying back at that time, but sadly that did not happen - though that's nothing I have to judge, kodi is our freetime after all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!! - by fritsch - 2016-01-19, 18:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11