[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
DaveBlake - First time poster here and kodi newbee. :) I tested Kodi out a years ago and was turned off because of the limitations it had with handing ID tags. The addition of TCON is a great start. I use TCON as a dummy ID tag to separate my music collection (i.e. christmas from the rest). I use TIT1 (grouping) so I can group my music. For example and not to pick on the Rolling Stones. They are a good band but I find it very hard to listen to every track on a whole album. So I set up a groups (tit1) that assigns a "rocking" category (but it could be any word I suppose). So if I want to hear all good rolling stones song I would select using the grouping tag. If I want to listen to them all, I don't select the rocking tag. Kodi still can't handle this TIT1 tag. Is there a way to add TIT1 into the mix?

An out of the box idea (remember I'm a noobie). Is it possible to use some sort of XML file somewhere to define what ID tags the database should read when files are imported? Mediatomb for example works great - you can assign whatever ID tags you want to read in via an xml file.

Thanks again for taking the initiative to make this program even better!

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by tommyp - 2016-01-29, 16:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3