Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-03-06, 15:47)genie Wrote: Hi WYRM its been a long time and still loving your work.
I had some issues that crept in to Isengard but have updated and some of them are not so much of a problem now.
This is what I have happening that I cannot find a cure for flat view.
When viewing videos descriptions on left (some longer than others) it does not pause long enough to read them before it starts what I think you have described as flying thumbnails or all the videos in the folder.
How do I change the timing and how do I turn it off.

Other issue I am having is sound change overlay not disappearing and staying on, or video cover thumb and progress bar appear below and do not disappear staying on.

Your original post for flying thumbnails list the guisetting program but it no longer has these settings, if I deleted the guisetting file will it create another one and will it stuff up any of my current links to videos?

My feeling is that the guisetting file is full of old settings and past skins I may have tested or used such as xsaf.

Hope you and family are well chearz Marty (Melbourne)
Marty,

Some interesting bugs you list there. What platform are you using there and what versions of Kodi and the skin are you using? I'm asking as I have noticed a couple of strange ones on my iPad that I just can't sort out. For some reason the flying thumbnails works fine under windows (only meant to show after about 20 seconds of the system being idle, but on iPad comes on and never turns off again).

Not sure exactly what you mean about the sound change bar, how about posting a screen grab to show what you mean. Or another way to identify the correct dialog/screen is to go into the skins Support menu and turn on the debug info setting. That will amougst other things display at the top of the screen the names of the screens and dialogs that the skin is currently displaying. Let me know the names of the dialogs and I can then either suggest a solution or go looking in the correct place for the bug.

As to the question about guisettings file, if you delete it, it will regenerate but only with default values. It will not add any settings for your skin until you switch to that particular skin, so that can be a good way to clear out the old cruft. Also Jarvis release of Kodi has now moved the skin setting out to their own file in the addons data directory, so you would need to go look in the file in the correct directory for the appropriate skin Boolean to change. Not at the computer at the moment but from memory I called it something like lowspec-system. Flip the value of that Boolean will get rid of the flying thumbnails.

Post back here so that I can help, but more importantly so others can gain from the information.

Wyrm(AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2016-03-06, 17:26
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1