[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Trezona, I ordered the MXQ M12 S805 box with the nice metal case at a one off price of about US$56 and free shipping. Of course it will come only with the bloody awful klunky Android bloatware which I shall soon overwrite with EmbER V3.0.1. Note this EmbEr firmware is so far only for the S805 box and only the MXQ M12 model not the generic MXQ yet, which as you will see on the EmbER download page that is coming soon..

Auxbox, hi mate how ya doing ? Am committed now to using EmbER firmware as I believe in what those guys are doing and for the future of Linux based KODI. Though if and when I have time I will of course look at openelec but time is at a premium for me right now. By all means try them both and let us know my friend.

BTW Auxbox, and after you trying some time ago to get me to install and try it, I now at last have Ubuntu running on my old almost totally unused Compaq dual core laptop, having removed the old Windows XP OS . Quite a learning curve and reminds me back to my old command level only Unix training course days in the 90's so was not completely a virgin but very very rusty after 20 years. Remembered all the multiple r, w, x attributes in groups of three for owner, group and all. Not exactly user friendly for Joe public but has it uses especially if getting into programming and Linux script files etc though little time to experiment much. Would like to see an easier GUI with it and so far do not seem to be able to easily mount any of my drives and devices. Wish they would allow assigning letters to various drives as per Windows as really it is a chore and PITA having to use /dev/sdc etc and first having to discover the device node with terminal mode sudo fdisk -l command.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - by raymw - 2016-03-22, 12:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5