[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer
(2016-03-25, 09:06)r4nx7 Wrote: It is Kodis job to make its software compatible on popular platforms.

None of the developers get paid to code, so you can't really say its "their job". They choose to work on Kodi voluntarily because it's their passion.

Either way, if they don't want to support RK it's their business. It's the companies who make and sell Android-based hardware who need to be proactive with adding support for Kodi. If they're using a mix of proprietary and open source parts it makes it a headache for devs (which I believe is one of the things RK have done in the past at least). You are free to fork Kodi and add in the necessary support to get it working with RK Smile

I'm just incredibly greatful that there are maintainers for so many platforms as it is. I mean, we started out with really just Windows afaik, and look at how many platforms Kodi support officially. It's not uncommon for other open source projects to have external maintainers for certain platforms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] /me resigning as Android maintainer - by nooryani84 - 2016-03-25, 09:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer3