Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Moor208 Wrote:Appreciate your help with this. I did finally get the theme installed on a new PC Stick. Absolutely a fantastic skin. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Since I have your attention, I'd like to ask a few questions. The previous version of AZ I was able to add, for example... "Recently Added Movies" widget to the main menu selection for "Movies". So when Movies option was high lighted, it would display movies that I just added to my library and the fan art would display. I can't figure out how to do that with this latest version. I'm confused how how to add a widget for menu items.

I'd also like to remove some media flags and change some of the icons. Could you point me to the correct xml file. I have my view set to Big Icons if that makes a difference . I'd also like to edit the movie info screen, just not sure which xml file to edit.

And ... I would like to change the font size of the main menu text when it's high lighted.

I know it's a lot to ask, and I do apologize for hamming you with all these questions.

Any help would be great!

Thanks again ....

Happy to hear you have it installed and I am glad you like it! To answer your questions: widgets will be [mostly] working with 3.2.10 which is the release after the one that I will post tonight. The reason that a lot of the functionality runs into trouble is that the skin was built using a specialized version of the Skin Helper Service and 3.2.10 will transition everything to the normal Skin Helper Service and remove most of the legacy code and pretty much fix everything up. Naturally, two rules still apply: if it couldn't be done in AZ or AZ:E it still won't be doable in AZ:FA at that release.

Now, the functionality you are talking about is there and already working for users of Emby Server. On a pure Kodi install it is a bit of a hit or miss on whether the widget will display the right information or go through all recently added (that may also be true for Emby too).

The Media Flags (which are going to be changed) are actually compressed into /media/Textures.xbt (to cut down the file size from 212MB to 120MB). Those icons have been annoying me too. It's why 3.0.05 is not out yet as I intend to change it before releasing it. However, if you want to change it, you'll either need to decompress Textures.xbt or pull it from GitHub. AZ:FA doesn't care whether it's actually compressed or not, it will run either way.

For views, you can find them in /16x9/View_*.xml (* is a wildcard) with the specific view you are looking for. As for text on the main menu, that would be Home.xml and the fonts should be in /fonts. However, adjusting that isn't easy and you will likely break alignment and a few other things in doing so; while I encourage you to make it it to your liking I do want to warn you of the ramifications of messing with the Home screen.

Finally, if you make changes and you would like them included, I am very open to always including community contributions (that don't break the Kodi rules; there was one request for a support for an addon that breaks Kodi rules).

After the release of 3.2.05 (Jarvis) / 3.9.00 (Krypton - Highly Experimental), I will be taking a short break but will be watching this thread (about 12+ days) as there is concern that my left ear may have been victim to "Sudden Hearing Loss Syndrome" so medical comes first. However, that is also why I am encouraging others to contribute fixes or tweaks too; it takes a couple of minutes to test, zip, and deploy but it can take hours to make code changes and during this time I won't have hours.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis) [3.2.04 - Updated 3/26/2016] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-04-02, 17:04
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7