Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-06-03, 03:29)h4xdaplanet Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 03:25)Guardian Hope Wrote: No Raspberry-Pi owner has come forward with any system logs so I can't see why the kernel panics are happening and therefore there is no fix in 3.2.20 nor have I made fixing it a priority for the same exact reason. If someone does come forward, we'll try to determine an appropriate patch.

Guardian - I have a rPi with osmc on it and can send you logs tonight, just let me know which log you need. I love this skin but couldn't keep using it with the bootloop.

It's the system log file. Typically, to access this on OSMC from what I have read, you need to SSH into your rPi and navigate to the directory containing the log files for the system itself (not Kodi but the actual OS which is a derivative of Debian). Depending on the distribution and what changes OSMC have made, you may find several log files of importance ranging from basic error_log to system.log (etc.).

(2016-06-03, 11:14)faugusztin Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 03:25)Guardian Hope Wrote: No Raspberry-Pi owner has come forward with any system logs so I can't see why the kernel panics are happening and therefore there is no fix in 3.2.20 nor have I made fixing it a priority for the same exact reason. If someone does come forward, we'll try to determine an appropriate patch.

Problem is, there is nothing in the logs to help you either. It dies on :
Code:
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0098d3a0 in CWinEventsLinux::MessagePump() ()
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7502b000 (LWP 623))
Thread 1 (Thread 0x7502b000 (LWP 623)):
#0  0x0098d3a0 in CWinEventsLinux::MessagePump() ()
#1  0x76fa2fb4 in ?? () from /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)]

I personally moved HTPC tasks to my Skylake based computer for now, so i didn't test it more.

You're right; if it's a segmentation fault be thrown by ld-linux than this makes this an issue which is out of my hands but I can of course get in touch with the developers of OSMC or have someone do so. Segmentation faults are seldom caused by an addon and the problem is usually underlying in the code that an addon is running on - not the other way around.

If both reports are segmentation faults that tells me that AZ:FA is triggering an already underlying condition in OSMC which is resulting in the kernel panic. OSMC appears to be based on Debian and AZ:FA runs fine on normal Debian. Actually, it runs fine on a lot of Linux distributions.

However, if it is indeed ld-linux throwing this error the problem is with the OSMC distribution.

Has anyone tried Raspbian (Debian), Ubuntu Core, or Windows IoT Core with Kodi and AZ:FA? It would pretty much rule anything else being at fault out.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton) [3.2.11 / 4.0.01] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-06-03, 13:24
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7