Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-06-26, 02:26)mdh99 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 05:51)Guardian Hope Wrote: Q: Slideshow?
A: A lot of the fan art is pretty good depending on where you are scraping it from and what your settings are (I've only ever used MediaBrowser/Emby- I don't know what type of quality generic Kodi has) but I believe the setting is in there somewhere.

It's not just poor quality and inappropriate (I have kids and fan art from a horror or violate movie isn't something they need to see) fan art, it's also the delay in displaying. When I open SPMC the background is black for up to 10 seconds and often when I return to the home screen. I thought Kodi stored/cached art in the local database, but maybe I'm wrong.

The ability to set my own local/smb folder with pictures is a feature I really miss.

Another issue, I had to dig way to too deep into add-ons to disable "up next", can a toggle be added to the skin settings?

Apart from missing the personal slideshow feature of the original skin, this is by far the best skin and many thanks for bringing it back to life!!

When I was writing that it didn't even occur to me about the horror genre (I think all horrors are predictably boring) nor have I thought about the more violent movies because most I've come across keep their art PG-13 but again, that's because of finer controls on the art and really a personal choice for each parent to make because when I see parents arguing about the content of a show like "Girl Meets World" (the successor to the 90's "Boy Meets World") I just give up on them because every time I have been invited to see the show in person (during filming) it's just really everyday things. However, your point is very valid and a very good reason to bring back a feature.

New features won't be added to the Jarvis version after the Summer 2016 Update (meaning the Autumn 2016 Update is Krypton only) will feature a redesigned settings (courtesy of a very great contributor @minus0 who has made mock ups that look really nice) that should be much easier to navigate.

We can patch in the slideshow which I thought was already there into the Autumn 2016 Update and by that release an official site will help you get to know and better use features that maybe you didn't even know were there (getting the rights to use promotional images from shows and movies is not difficult since this is free).

Finally, as to SPMC performance, From Ashes is a resource intensive skin. It runs on a Raspberry Pi 3 just fine which is ARM architecture as well as the nVidia Shield which uses Android but naturally, we cannot guarantee the same performance for every device. If you are using something low powered than yes, it might take some time for the skin to load.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton) [3.2.12 / 4.0.01] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-06-26, 11:23
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7