Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-06-27, 21:09)Milhouse Wrote: I understand and acknowledge the following:

1. The bug had already been fixed before your initial post on the LE forum.
  2. It's cause was actually determined by an LE developer independently several days before your post - this may come as a surprise to you, but LE and OSMC developers are not entirely disconnected from each other
  3. You made no attempt to contact LE developers through the normal channels, but for whatever reason decided to be openly critical of the LE project and thought that was a great way to start a relationship (it wasn't)
  4. You like to throw random numbers around in an effort to justify how important your skin is, yet chastise others for doing the same
  5. You repeatedly made unnecessarily condescending and inappropriate - verging on snide - remarks which you surely knew would only undermine your already tenuous position. Your posts were very tiresome to read.
  6. Your determination of a distributions user base size (small, large, whatever) based on how many users use your skin is woefully flawed - there is no correlation between the users of your skin and a distributions userbase, other than how popular (or unpopular) your skin may be with any particular distribution.

Please keep your replies civil.

@Milhouse - Since your response is not one of "he said, she said" I will be happy to answer your statements so that points are absolutely clear.
  • It may have been fixed but the fix was not released and therefore in good faith and responsibility, we brought it to the attention of LE
  • This was not indicated by LE Developers prior and the only known distribution we knew of which had corrected the issue was OSMC. In our eyes, it was an OSMC developer who identified the problem and this is why the OSMC GitHub commits were indicated in the bug report;
  • LE has no indication of how to contact developers through "proper channels" which is of course the first thing we look for. Typically, you can find "proper channels" easily outlined but this is not the case on the LE website. In fact, to this very day there doesn't appear to be any indication. No "/contact" or no "/about" which is where most reputable places keep such information. IRC is not a "proper channel" but they do state on their website that developers can be found on the IRC [normally]
  • Stating a distribution is "small" does not equate to being openly critical. Statements made now however, are openly critical and I will not deny that. Please note that this was all triggered by one statement: an indication of how small the distribution was in comparison to the larger install base (Windows, OS X, regular Linux, etc.).
  • Do know that numbers are not random when they are pulled from Cloudfront and other various sources. The random number throwing started with LE and it is important to remember that. I already demonstrated how one way a number throw can be crass and one way it cannot. OpenELEC shows a 450,000 (estimated) install base. This, for example, is not crass. Trying to rebut a compliment (I do believe I said they were successful even for being 'smaller') is however crass. People will normally accept a compliment on success.
  • Do know that due to the fact internet is text, you can read my text however you feel like it. For example: I write this and in my head I read it normally. You might find it condescending and that is your choice but that is not how I intended it. How you perceive my statements is entirely up to you and has been shown to be a result of life experiences and is a psychological thing. I cannot change that.
  • I do not know where this keeps coming from where it is believed that I determined LE to be "small" due to how it's used by users of the skin but that's not where I determined the distribution size. I did so by reviewing its general userbase and then compounding it with what I know about these distributions and users who are using it. It's not an exact science; I do not have analytical data (which is also not an exact science) of the three distributions and I will and did freely admit that.

Now personally, I am ill at the moment which is why I've delayed the next release so much. Frankly, I don't care to deal with this nor will I continue in such discourse unless it is something that is respectful because I believe in respectful discourse. You presented respectfulness and as such I replied to your latest statements.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton) [3.2.12 / 4.0.01] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-06-27, 21:50
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7