Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-06-29, 06:57)Guardian Hope Wrote: When downloading from GitHub, you always had to change the name of the internal folder in the zip because GitHub appends additional information. This is a limitation of the Skin Helper Service. The Skin Helper Service expects the Addon ID to match the name of the internal folder so if the Addon ID is "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" it can't have the folder within the zip named "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-master." This only effects the GitHub Release Channel and always has been true. So this means that since the next version has "danvers" in it, the folder inside the zip file also needs to be named appropriately.

Now the thought to change the Addon ID for Krypton was a long and hard choice to make but it was done to prevent the mixing of the two versions. This skin also happens to be hosted in the Emby Repo and as such there is a "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" and there can't be another one to use that Addon ID; otherwise Jarvis would get the same version and thus Jarvis users would not have a working skin. So, to rectify that a new Addon ID was needed and in this case it's "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes.danvers" which is sort of fitting given that Kodi 17 is named Krypton.

So really, it comes down to technological limitations of supporting two versions concurrently in the same repository.

Hope this helps Smile
Now I am even more curious... What feature of the skin.helper script do you use that requires the addon id to match the skin folder? I get the recommendation to change the name as I say the same since it simplifies user error with having the same skin in multiple folders.

Here comes the confusion part... Why does the emby repo stable or beta not separate the content of the repo by kodi version? I do not know much about emby so I could be missing something but it looks like emby just manages the library for kodi therefore the repo should work just like any other repository could Huh

I have one repo for my skin that supports helix, isengard, jarvis, and soon krypton all while using the same addon id.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton) [3.2.12 / 4.0.01] - by mikeSiLVO - 2016-06-29, 10:10
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7