NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
@Draghmar- I agree the Dune Solo 4k is a suboptimal device.

1- because of the unreasonably high price as you mentioned.
2- because it only supports 4k @ 30Hz.

Other than that, the Sigma chips are probably the best as of right now for proper media players with good IQ. They have a good-very good upscaling quality and good deinterlacing for all sorts of content (SD and HD), with a motion adaptive deinterlacing.

Also the audio passthrough and autoframerate sync works best on Sigma devices.

I expect the next Dune player with proper 4k @ 60Hz support to be good again and prolly the best hassle-free out of the box device. I think this is the 1st ARM-based Sigma processor. They will have to iron out all the bugs and make some improvements in their next chip. It was kinda expected that their 1st ARM chip wont come without issues.

@wrxtasy sure thing. Im just trying to find some sort of an upgrade to my old DuneHD players TV303D and H1, which are 1080p players and have no Apps like Netflix, proper Youtube or Twitch app. I thought the android boxes have matured enough, but that doesnt seem to be the case as of yet for the majority of available Android media players.

Right now only x86 devices meet my expectation to the image quality, but then again they lack apps like Netflix and YT with 4k support, unless you run windows I think. It would be nice to have native 4k (60fps) Support for YT, Netflix etc. out of LibreELEC/Kodi.

I hope the next Dune with DualBoot and improved Sigma ARM chip will have a solution for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by 8-BaLL - 2016-08-18, 15:32
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9