Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-08-19, 13:07)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 13:02)stefansaraev Wrote:
Quote:2. There does seem to be an advantage to 2GB at the moment if you're running an ELEC variant on a cheapo amlogic box. People with 1GB devices are reporting freezes / out of memory problems. That's down to bugs / software not optimised though.

I am runing an ELEC variant and it runs absurdly well below 512M, in fact I have never seen using it using more than 256

Code:
total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          1494        194       1300          0         23         68
-/+ buffers/cache:        102       1392
Swap:            0          0          0

Big Grin[/code]
I haven't imagined it, honest guv.
Some people with 1GB devices are reporting freezes.
There's a fair amount of discussion in the libreelec and amllinux sites / threads about it.
Not surprising with so many different devices / so many different ELEC variants floating around.

Edit: just checked my box and it's using 563MB (33%) at the moment.
My xbox (64MB)and the first Pi I bought (256MB) are obviously a bit more efficient in that regard.

There are several reports of the OpenElec and LibreElec buids on the 1Gb RAM , S905 Andorid china boxes freezing and locking up when heavy skins are applied and lots of plugins sre used. There is an issue with everytime a video stream is played RAM usage increases, and after the video stream is finished the RAM is not realeased. Hence after playing several streams RAM is fully utilised and the devices freeze and lockup.

This issue has manifested itself more noticably on the 1Gb RAM devices, but thats not to say 1GB RAM isn't sufficent for Kodi, it seems to suggest theres possible a kernel or build issue thats causing the RAM to not be freed up after playing streams.

1Gb RAM / 8Gb Flash is still crap for android regradless of what , mitigations fanbois are throwing around here the real reason is manufacturers wanted to keep costs down and profit margins up. Why havent the new 2016 devices all got 1Gb RAM and 8gb Flash if it's sufficient for Kodi ? Because theres been a realisation that manufacturers cant get away with cost cutting so easily anymore, as theres too many alternatives for cheaper that will give people the better capacity in terms of RAM and Flash storage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-08-19, 13:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6