Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-09-08, 05:43)miclind Wrote: I just want to preface the following with that it is not my intention to be "that guy"...

Why is it, on some careful examination, some of the things mentioned in this thread just seem to be very odd Huh

It looks like there is something strange about this NortheBridge stuff. It appears to be a brand you are trying to get noticed cause the website makes it seem like a scam or something, with many links that don't go to or say anything.

Then there is the constant referral to brand names like Verizon AnyCast, NortheBridge, and Emby CDN... It just seems so very strange Confused

I don't want to offend anyone but the feeling I had was hard to ignore and am very confused by some of the things mentioned Sad

@miclind - You aren't going to offend anyone by asking questions which are on your mind:Smile and you are just asking questions on your mind.

If you go back a few pages (at the rate we're going it might be 5-10) you'll notice the first mention of actually doing an AZ:FA website which has been temporarily put on hold while if you back through the thread here and on Emby further, there are further references to requests for a single source.

Verizon's Anycast CDN is the name of the technology used to distribute the skin to endpoints worldwide rather than there just being one copy in Washington, D.C.

I am going to assume when you are referring to "Emby CDN" you are actually referring to the subdomain "embycdn" which was chosen well before AZ:FA came to the Kodi forums because it was a project on the Emby forums. It's also one of the reasons it is also hosted in the Emby Beta Repository over there.

While there is nothing in this thread I would find 'odd' - it's mostly downloads, requests, bug reports, and musings from people including myself, so I can't speak to what you find "odd" in this thread.

At the very least however, I can put your mind at ease with https://www.mcafeesecure.com/verify?host...bridge.com and https://tracedseals.starfieldtech.com/si...ridge.com/ (GoDaddy Certification) for points being docked by you for an incomplete website by independent third parties (do know that the second one might warn since the referring domain would be 'kodi.tv' now as I posted the link here).

I don't think taking advantage of resources you have is strange or fishy in any way and while I can't speak for anyone else, I do doubt others would see this from your point of view. Just because a skin provider has a few extra resources (a hopefully centralized site - I've been waiting to get new screenshots of AZ:FA with the Danvers versions before continuing or uses a more advanced distribution method or used the name "embycdn" because the project started on the Emby forums and there was no intention to go to the scope it is at now and bring it to the Kodi forums originally) isn't exactly strange.

In the end, everything is still available on GitHub (which their staff did an additional third party verification) and its source is literally available for free for personal use.

Is there anyone else that feels like @miclind? After review @miclind's post history, I am just concerned that I'm giving honest answers to someone who may just be, as the term is described, "trolling." 12 posts and in all of that even a moderator action from what I read.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton Fixed) [3.2.21 / 4.2.20-alpha6] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-09-08, 13:17
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7