Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-09-10, 15:14)lusephur Wrote: I gotta ask, because in the recent update cycle there have been some glaring errors. (No access to the settings page on one whichIcaught) and now this alpha 7 not working with Libreelec,followed by some bizarre reasoning. Then an announcement that alpha 7 has been pulled (it's also not available from the northebridge repo.)
Emby Beta gets alpha 8 and would you believe it,the same libreelec build that wouldn't install alpha 7 has no problems installing alpha 8.
I can understand with the skin being in an alpha state that things can go wrong from time to time.
But please if you're gonna make excuses or blame something else, could you at least have the decency to be a bit more plausible.

@lusephur - I am only going to dignify your statements once and only once because quite frankly, if you are going to come into this thread with that tone you're not someone that I would care to deal with (in regards to LibreELEC).

Alpha 7 was pulled because of a fatal error causing Kodi to crash. It was fixed in the Alpha 8 Cumulative Update. In fact, this was explained as likely a few things: the updates were pulled into the Alpha 7 Git and then during Conflict Resolution (Branch Conflict), likely overwritten or a combination of me not pressing the "sync" button in the GitHub client and thus committing Alpha 7 in an earlier state.

This is not difficult to understand.- it's an Alpha and mistakes happen. If every release went perfectly no one would complain. There was once a running joke that you should wait for the ".01 release" because every ".00" release got pulled. That was long ago.

No one here blamed LibreELEC or anything else. Actually, the message indicating that the pulling of AZ:FA Danvers Alpha 7 was occurring actually states "it's a critical bug in Alpha 7."

So let's be clear about my statements regarding LibreELEC to two people that were respectful: I said "if it works, it works; if it doesn't work, it doesn't work" [since AZ:FA isn't tested against LibreELEC).

However, you are a beacon of why I don't like the LibreELEC community whatsoever. It's like no one in that community can grasp reading comprehension. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted saying I "blamed LibreELEC for it not working." Seriously, is there only two people from the LibreELEC community that can read and understand?

Finally, and for the record: yes, this is me being frustrated about the LibreELEC community. Yes, there are bad seeds in every community but it seems all I encounter from LibreELEC is this absurdity and as such I'm happy to help those that are respectful but the vast majority are not and thus the blanket statement: "if it works, it works; if it doesn't work, it doesn't work."
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton Fixed) [3.2.21 / 4.2.20-alpha6] - by Guardian Hope - 2016-09-10, 21:27
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7