v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
This is probably a "partially correct" thread. This is mainly about changes to the music database, and how that information gets scanned from tags. Secondarily it is about the default database views aka library nodes that Kodi provides, as well as the ability to create or modify the view nodes. Along with that the ability to filter the views or create smart playlists as an alternative. So your question re compilations I think is on-topic (unfortunately I don't really use "compilations" except for things like OST/soundtracks and setting AA to Various Artists usually works for me (note that there is language localization applied) and in some cases using the compilation tag set to "1" in the song file tags. So maybe Dave or someone more tuned in to compilation handling can reply.

As far as what gets displayed to the user, the view provides a set of possible info and art and it is a skin function to display it. Most skins provide various view "modes" and Kodi saves the mode in use. Some of the "heavier" skins also use python scripting to add value to the interface (there's some things you can do in Python that just don't work well in skin language). Best is to ask in the appropriate skin support thread.

Your final question I agree! In the skin I maintain (Aeon MQ5) I have looked at all different ways to get the musicplaylist and videoplaylist windows (at least in a viewmode called "rightlist") to force focus to the "nowplaying" item on the list. It's easy in party mode because that item is always the first one. I would also like a way to save the current playing item position in a playlist so I have the option of reloading the playlist and resuming play at that point. But this stuff is not really on-topic for the Krypton music database discussion.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by scott967 - 2016-09-11, 05:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1