WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-10-07, 04:55)wrxtasy Wrote: Got to agree with the your review hdmkv. Especially regarding the WeTV functionality. (updated Post #1 with your review as well)

Some improvements to the WeTV App in the last month:
  • high Frequency popping sounds have disappeared if using Android PCM Audio
  • the doubling up of Programme listings has been fixed
  • DVB drivers seem to have improved
  • Channel changing (zapping) speed is now quicker.

I'm still finding these issues in the WeTv App:
  • Bad audio sync drift if Android HDMI Audio is selected in settings - so no Audio Passthrough usable with the App (use PCM only)
  • No 7 day EIT EPG data is being pulled in from Over the Air Terrestrial TV signals (works in TvHeadend)
  • Unintuitive Remote control buttons used, where is my Green button for EPG ? (I frankly don't care about legacy Enigma users)
  • Still unable to add Channel Logos
  • Excess button pressing needed to access basic functions. Its not intuitive.
  • Deeply nested Menus that have to be used to access day to day functions are not a good idea.
  • The lack of a Grid style 7 day EPG - a LOT of easy Scheduling, Recording and Programme Info can very easily be pulled up with this style of EPG
    In fact it would solve a bunch of usability problems in the process.
I've been told a grid style EPG is coming. I just don't know when. But the WeTV App end user functionality compared to the easy day to day use functionality of say of Kodi and TvHeadend has a long way to go. I personally can only bear to use WeTV for occasional, casual TV viewing and that is it at the moment.

Want a user released Android TV OS ROM for the Play2 with some basic PVR functionality like Live Channels & timeshift working with the Play2's internal tuner ?

Even Netflix 5.1 Audio is a strong possibility. Smile

Discussion taking place HERE
Looks good, very much looking forward to it.

It does raise a good point - why put all the effort into wetv when you can just use live channels in Android tv? You could even get TVHeadend running on the background (like the core) to handle the tv tuning etc.

I've used live channels on the shield on and off and it's almost very good - it just seems a bit flaky, though this could be the back ends I've used.

Edit - saying that, I remember trying a custom Android TV ROM on my Play 1 - it wasn't good...

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews - by tredman - 2016-10-07, 08:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11