Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-10-19, 16:46)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 15:48)aelfwine Wrote: I think some of you guys exaggerating a little bit. Do I need 24bit FLAC? I the answer is yes for any of these specific questions I won't buy the product.
The problem is not if you do or don't need multi channel FLAC 24 bit Audio playback, the problem is the way the product is advertised. Now that is has been clearly demonstrated to be wrong. I noticed Simon (I'm assuming) from Futeko did not comment at all on my post so I will repeat it here again:

Quote:An audiophiles dream. The highest quality audio bitstreamed at the highest rate possible to compatible HDMI / SPDIF receivers. Q10 Pro supports 192Khz 24bit LPCM multi channel (5.1/7.1) FLAC.

It does not matter what the product or whom it comes from. You cannot lie when selling a Media player that gets great exposure here on the Kodi forums.

Then you have the Glaring fact that this Q10 device is in a very specific 3D only Sticky thread and being marked highly when one of its primary specific purposes - smooth 3D video playback does not even work properly. And has not done so since the day of release.
I don't care what device is being reviewed. When a Core function does not work properly on any Kodi media player, especially when judge against others, it should be marked down accordingly.

The overarching problem HiMedia now has is the one of Trust. The way the product is being advertised. And what now appears to be an unfixable problem. This ultimately is enough to keep knowledgeable customers away from buying the platform.

This might shock you, but I don't read everything you write.

I welcome someone with proper testing equipment who can prove that HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro don't output 192Khz 24bit audio. The description on my site is based on specifications from HiMedia. I'm sticking by them unless someone can prove conclusively otherwise.

Regarding 3D, the product might be listed here in a '3D only Sticky thread', but that's nothing to do with us. Q5/Q10 Pro are general purpose media players, 3D is not 'its primary specific purpose' as you state.

The statement on our site about playing 3D-ISO is correct. The problem with 23.976Hz ISOs being output at 24Hz only became apparent in ~ July, along with other 23.976 problems which were quickly fixed. It seems 3D 23.976Hz is more difficult for HiMedia to fix (requiring intervention from HiSilicon), but fixed it will be. There will be a new firmware with new SDK (and Android 7) in a few weeks time, it will have more fixes.

wrxtasy, I don't think you have ever seen a Q5/Q10 Pro in the flesh, yet you accuse my company of abusing trust, false advertising, and lying. All of which are untrue. I suggest you tread more carefully.

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by futeko - 2016-10-20, 10:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8