WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
I can relaunch Kodi if I wait a minute or two. If I try immediately, it crashes. I was shutting down and deleting or rename myvideos108 to test the login. So it is partly due to my actions.

Interesting, the subtitles seem to be working. At least with the files I have tried so far.

Have you given any thought to how to separate the media libraries. I saw in an earlier reply to Angelblue, your explanation that media import will not try to repeat the experience from a native client but aims to integrate the items into the Kodi library.

All the back-ends have some separation, Emby, Plex, MeediOS, Media Portal 2. I suspect that users of the last 2 might want to add support for them because it would mean that they would have clients on all the platforms on which Kodi is present. I even used paths to separate in kodi, and I suspect others do too. Not being able to separate libraries will probably discourage some people from giving it a go.

One of the beauties of this approach is that as long as it is not randomly marking items as watched or unwatched or deleting them, it can easily be run along with a production system for more robust testing. Right now I am testing on an old laptop but if the LibreELEC version was out and i could separate the libraries, i would put it on a flashdrive, back up the database and run it for a day or two and see how it feels. Does the syncing process affect the user experience? How quickly does a new item get synced to the library etc. There are some things that are only noticed when it is compared to the normal experience.

Cheers,
LongMan

Update
Tested adding and removing libraries and in it each case it worked as expected. Add a library to server, synchronize client, items appear. Remove library, synchronize, items disappear. Tested for Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos. Items from other libraries of similar media type were not affected.

I did not see any import of collections (movie sets), i assume that has not been implemented yet.

A small suggestion, on the media sources settings screen, maybe you should just say TV Shows. From a Technical standpoint it is TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes, but from a user perspective, it just TV Shows, seasons and episodes are assumed to be there.

I cannot install any other skin, is that a problem with this build or a general Krypton problem?

All in all, Great Stuff.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by LongMan - 2016-11-06, 12:53
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10