ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-11-15, 18:40)kdal Wrote: I'm going to get an Odroid C2 over the next couple of weeks (hoping there might be a Black Friday deal), and just have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to get an eMMC bigger than the 8gb one if i want to use Libreelec on it.
2. I would like a simple remote, that doesn't use line of sight, and wondered if the Amazon Fire remote will work out of the box (i have a Bluetooth dongle already). If that doesn't work are there any other recommendations.

thanks for any help guys

Hi kdal,

You won't be disappointed with the C2 Nod

To answer your questions (as far as I have the answers):

1: You would only need a larger eMMC module if you have an extensive library. My media files are stored on a NAS and I only have to store some jpg/png and nfo files on the eMMC (the database is on the NAS). I have over 5GB space left with a library of some 500+ movies and some 6000+ TV episodes.
2: No idea since I don't have that remote. I use a Harmony that works flawlessly with the IR sensor of the oDroid. Any Harmony will do I guess. I have a "scene" where I can switch the oDroid on and off with the remote by using the tar from wrxtasy.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by _J@n_ - 2016-11-15, 21:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610