Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2017-01-20, 07:21)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 12:24)osberg Wrote: It´s extremely sad to see that this project will be stopped, You have done a hell of a job, and I really like the skin that you have made here.

But I do understand what you are going through here, and I guess this is why most jobs like this run out in the sand and nothing happens afterwords.

I truly hope that someone will step up here and help out, so the very nice project can keep running. ( I wise that I had more skills in coding / linux, but I don´t so can´t really help here.)

Thanks for all the things, support, work you have done. Big GrinBig Grin

The From Ashes Project isn't going anywhere; I didn't mean to allude to a cessation of releases in their entirety. It's just after Beta 10 goes out the door the From Ashes Project is going to undergo a lot of restructuring to align philosophy with the way we do things and I think Mike, soxisim, and karlshea all have valid points. Especially if the daunting task of For Another Age and the possibility of Project Erso go through. We've been running From Ashes "shotgun" style and that's no longer working. It has outgrown that.

One of the aforementioned said bug tracking, or project management at this point, will likely go a long way towards sanity and while it's been on the 'to-do list' it's been something that's been neglected in favor of continued Danvers updates. It has to stop as a house without a foundation cannot stand and that's exactly what Danvers has become.

After Beta 10 is released which should be pretty stable it will be time to handle things we should have done long ago like getting the From Ashes Project site running, have project tracking with upvoting and downvoting feature requests, and layout the map of From Ashes to For Another Age.

And most importantly, create that pseudo-Canonical/Ubuntu environment where the community can contribute their ideas and what they want to see while we make sure everything works in harmony and add mainstay features that we want. It's probably going to take two weeks (it's a lot of applications and a lot of writing) but just taking a step back has allowed me to figure out where to go to next with From Ashes and while it may be completely unprecedented to do it - it never hurts.

It's going to be an interesting next several weeks for From Ashes but I do want to especially thank Mike for helping me to take the step back and see really where I want this project to go. I also want to thank everyone who gave their insights - sometimes it helps to get an outside perspective to know what to do next.

I have so much respect for this decisions that you are taking here. all knows that this is free of charges if you can say it like that.... And you and alot of other people are putting many hours into developing this very nice skin here. Smile so manys thanks to your all....

Spend that last 10 years testing and designing software so all the things you are talking about here, to keep track of bugs, feature list, voting etc all this is not something there is nice to have, but need to have... otherwise you not keep track of things. Smile

So great respect for taking a step back and look at things again, "start over" if you can say it like that. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton) [3.4.70 / 4.9.92-beta9] - by osberg - 2017-01-20, 10:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7