Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-20, 20:41)Tinwarble Wrote: 1. I don't know enough about VP9/P2 to say either way. All I can convey is what was conveyed to me, which was that they were looking into it. I'm not sure what it would take to bring it to the Shield or whether it matters that the Shield already supports VP9.

2. Let me rephrase, people at the top of the Shield development weren't aware of it, that doesn't mean that the developers aren't aware. If it's been reported then I'm sure that someone is aware, just not who I spoke to did not.

EDIT: But as I said, if you want to give me explicate details about the issue, I will make sure to push it on my end. It doesn't affect me, so the only way I can know what the issue is, is if others tell me.

1. It has to be added as a hardware decoder in the SoC. If it is not there at launch, then it never will be. That's sort of what I have seen. Since nVIDIA is also the manufacturer of the SoC, this may be considered as "doable". Only time will tell...

2. This is not an issue that affects me. I have been only "testing" it. It is very simple: if you have the Shield connected to a newer AVR with HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 port and then have the AVR connected to a HDMI/HDCP 1.4 display, Kodi/SPCM/Plex/Archos Video/ViMu Media Player or any other app that supports refresh rate switching will not be able to switch the refresh rate. The refresh rate will remain on whatever you have set in "Display & Sound". With update 5.0 there is an additional bug: you can't even change the refresh rate or color space manually.

I say HDMI/HDCP because I'm not sure whether this problem is due to mixed HDMI or HDCP modes.

Did they talk about GameStream HDR? It is something that they claim works, but the three people (including me) who have tried it have never been able to get it to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by wesk05 - 2017-01-20, 20:54
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188