Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
From -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2504301

Quote:Shield arrived today, installed Kodi 16.1 from Google Play. First impressions, a bit meh. Kodi runs at 1080p by default (couldn't change res in settings, though Shield settings show 4K @ 59.something Hz), remote massively laggy (from a distance on 6 feet with line of sight, remote upgraded to v1.03 during install), remote also doesn't have a PLAY/Pause button so you need to press the middle button twice to Pause, once more to PLAY then press Back to remove the context menu at the top (got to be a better way) 720p files still lagging (like on fire stick) which points to an issue with my wifi network (or USB hdd).

I've not spent long with it at all (10mins) but I'm very disappointed off the bat. My next steps are updating to a beta release of Kodi, and reviewing WTF is going on with my wireless. The remote lag is worrying me.

It's the weekend! So I have a little more time to mess about...

1. Replaced Kodi with SPMC (most recommended but still unsure why/difference to Kodi) - this enabled me to set the resolution of SPMC to 4k @ 59.94Hz, is that right? I couldn't adjust that in Kodi 16.1
2. I'm on Shield 5.0 (24.25.401.111) - but apparently there is a 5.0.1 update which I can't seem to force update
3. Remote lag is in Shield UI and all apps (rebooted and it came up with battery is low) <- most likely lag is due to crap batteries - frustrating as batteries shouldn't be dead OOTB Followed https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...rformance/ and popped the batteries in/out and back to full power. Lag gone!
4. Reset factory defaults on WiFi (still getting some buffering issues and lag when skipping ahead in videos on either 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, Shield says signal strength Excellent on both) - bought a USB3 hdd and will test that. My USB2 hdd is shared from my router, can I share it from the Shield over WiFi to read/write files?
5. Haven't manually configured anything else (I connect via HDMI 2.0 to my LG 55EF9500 4k HDR 4:4:4 TV), any sound or video options to play with? My TV has DTS and Dolby Digital so enabled passthrough and checked those options - some files have no audio so disabled both and audio working again (facepalm). Still unclear on Display config :/
6. The remote doesn't have a PLAY/Pause button so you need to press the middle button twice to Pause, once more to PLAY then press Back to remove the context menu at the top (got to be a better way). Is there a way to remap the Home or Mic buttons on the remote?

Is anyone able to offer any advice?

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by phreedumb - 2017-01-22, 01:33
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188