Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-27, 20:38)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 20:15)pedromvu Wrote: Might not be exactly the same, but I made a thread about a similar issue here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...th-5-0-2-/

I am still not sure if it is a Netflix streaming issue or framerate issue, will keep it updated once I do mo tests this weekend.

Also keep in mind I am very picky about the framerate so not everyone might notice, but it was definitely not happening on 3.3

Netflix has been acting screwy ever since they last updated their app. I've seen similar issues, even with 60Hz, even before the Nvidia update.

If you're having issues I suggest forcing close Netflix, this usually fixes Netflix playback issues (for a while anyway). Exiting doesn't close Netflix and rebooting may not do anything. If using "Force close" doesn't fix anything, try clearing the data.

Haven't tested much with 60hz, but with 24hz there has always been an issue that every so often the framerate gets out of sync and I start to notice jumps in the frames like when playing 25hz content at 24, but I guess that's because the app doesn't officially support the specified refresh rate, same happens with Hulu.

Luckily this doesn't happen too often, you can watch entire movies without it happening, and when it happens a quick tap to the rewind button fixes it completely.

Will try clearing Netflix completely still, that was actually needed on my Fire TV because every so often the framerate starts getting weird stutters even in 60hz, something I have not experienced in the Shield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by pedromvu - 2017-01-27, 21:11
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188