Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2017-02-07, 16:02)m301 Wrote: Hey Sam, I try do make some graphical adjustments. But I can't find out wich XML-file is controlling this: www.m301.de/screenshot.jpg - Kodi 17.0, AppTV 1.4.5. Can you give me a hint? Seb
m301,

Wyrm here, Sam is unfortunately MIA, so it is back to just me on this skin.

Couple of things before I tell you where to go looking to change the look of that screen. First of all AppTV 1.4.5 is Jarvis only and will give you nothing but grief if you try to run it on Kyrpton (too much has changed with skin engine to successfully run the skin under Kyrpton). I am just waiting for the new version of the skin.helper scripts to make their way into the main repo before I make my pull request for AppTV 1.5.0 , again as too much has changed with these scripts to run on the old version of this skin. Hopefully should be sometime very soon on the scripts and so either later this week for the skin or early next week.

Also with the new version of the skin I have changed how the video player screens are laid out. This has come about as I have included a number of new buttons (change tempo up/down for one) which was making it unworkable to navigate between all of the buttons. So for Kodi 17.0, the look of this screen has changed quite a bit.

Now if you wish to change just the graphics of this screen you don't really have to change any .xml files. If you download the skin from my github you will find all of the graphic files in the /media directory of the skin. When the skin ships from the Kodi repo these files are complied into a .xbt file that is then stored in the /media directory (and all of the individual graphics files are removed). You can remove the .xbt file and just load the individual graphic files back into this directory and make any changes to the files as you see fit (just keep the sizing and names the same and you should have no issues).

If on the other hand you wish to change the size or placement of graphics on this screen you will need to look in the following files.

DialogSeekBar.xml
VideoOSD.xml
VideoFullScreen.xml

These files are all located in the /720p directory of the skin. Other than that I suggest that you take a look at the Skinning sub section of the Kodi wiki for documentation of the various files and commands available to skin writers.

Hope to have the new version out soon.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2017-02-07, 17:58
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1