Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
@DXer Glad you are looking into the Shield. To answer some of your questions...

1. As explained above, if you share the drives on your Windows system, you will be able to see them on the Shield (within Kodi). However, there is a bug in Kodi 17 where you will have to input the IP address of your Windows Box to access the shares (I've read this is fixed in Kodi 17.1). So on the Windows Box that has the 2 drives, you will need to make it's IP a fixed address.

2. Remember 4k is the bleeding edge, so expect there to be issues. Although it sounds like you have the perfect 4k setup, I haven't read of anyone up-scaling to 4k on the shield, so be sure you post back if you get this to work. Wink

3. Personally I run Krypton, but I also have a backup SPMC installed, just in case. The big thing to remember is, SPMC is based on Jarvis, so you don't get some of the benefits from Krypton (Music and Joystick support to name a few).

4. Here is my own personal note on running android apps from within Kodi (works in SPMC as well)...
How to Launch Netflix from within Kodi. So you can launch any Android app on your Shield TV, by going to ProgramsAndroid programs, then make the App a Favorite. You can also create a shortcut for these apps, so you can launch them from your home screen within Kodi (Need a Skin like Aeon MQ7 to do this). The best part is, when you exit the application, you are automatically back within Kodi.

5. I know you use Harmony remotes, so you might want this info as well...

Harmony Smart Remote? To use the Harmony Smart (or Elite) remote, requires a 2 device setup within the Harmony Software (works on the Phone, but not within the Windows software).

- First you will add the Shield TV as a Device. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Edit Activities. Add entertainment device. Choose Nvidia, then Shield (and will be listed as a Nvidia Game Console).

- Then you will add a MS Windows PC. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Add device, Add Computer (Windows). You should then rename it to Windows bluetooth keyboard – so it’s easy to identify what it really is used for in your Harmony setup).

- In the Shield TV, go to SettingsRemote & Accessories and Add the Harmony Bluetooth Keyboard.
- To change What Buttons on the Remote Do. On your Phone with the Harmony software, go to Edit Activities, and select Shield TV. Then click Customize Remotes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by Powerhouse - 2017-03-17, 19:59
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188