Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
(2017-03-24, 11:20)MikePontes Wrote: Hey guys, sorry for bother you, but i have a question.

Im a bit noob and new to this fantastic thing of Android TV boxes Smile and i would like to buy one to basically see movies in Kodi, probably in 1080 or 720. I will not use an external sound system, only the one provided by the TV i have.

Can you advise me if it´s better for me to choose the Minix U1 or the new Minix Neo U9-H?

Thanks all
Easy answer for you - if all you need is Kodi - then LibreELEC Kodi Krypton is one of the best Kodi releases going around. It will handle a lot more content seamlessly compared to Android Kodi. There is now an Army of AMLogic S905(x) devices that can run LibreELEC Kodi.

Personally I would not even mess with Android if its only Kodi you want. The NEO U9 - does not have a Stable version of LibreELEC Kodi available for it.

The S905 MINIX NEO U1 does. You just flash LibreELEC Kodi to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 micro SDHC, plug that in. Hold down the power button on the U1 box itself, count to 5 and it boots straight into Kodi. Pop the SD card out and reboot and you are running Android.

I recommend a Wireless Keyboard remote. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-24, 12:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6