Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-03-31, 17:59)archy121 Wrote: The fact that it runs Android TV and yet doesn't have proper support for these free service apps makes it a very inadequate device at its price point. I'm glad that you replied in time and stopped me going ahead with the buy.
It would seem even shield will not serve my basic needs.

Maybe things will improve later on and Android TV might actually support basic TV services.
You have actually got this completely around the wrong way. Those Apps you want - need to have support added to them to actually run properly on the simple Android TV platforms. Google's Android TV is not going to bend to suit your needed Apps requirements - Goggle definitely won't be heading down that route.

Pester the various touchscreen Android App developers to produce a user friendly Android TV version - that is actually what needs to be done.

Live Channels on Android TV is where IPTV streaming services belong - using an App that is very simple to operate, with a common user interface and the ability to easily add or remove whatever channels you want.

(2017-03-31, 14:04)insync44 Wrote: Come on Google, do I have to sideload Chrome, your own Browser, is not available in your own Playstore? Seriously?
BTW: I can go to the regular touchscreen Google Playstore on any other device (PC / Mac / Phone / Tablet) and search for Chrome, press install - select Mi Box - and do an OTA install of the App.
If that is seriously too hard, you need to stop playing with media players full stop.

And the Challenge now for you is try and do that type of easy install on the nVIDIA Shield Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-31, 18:21
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21