WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2017-06-18, 00:33)angelblue05 Wrote: I'm testing the latest build currently. Do you have a decent library set up in Emby? My only question is why is it slow to process episodes? Is this the add-on or C side? It takes half a second to a second to import a single episode. I have over 15000, at 67% imported after 23mins. Just to give you an idea, with Emby for kodi, we are talking 2-3 minutes to import all of them on the same hardware, so I'm looking to see if we can speed this up a bit. The only reason I mention this is that I have a relatively small library compares to others.

Edit: Never mind, it was writing to an old database so that's why it was slow. It was overwriting entries that already exists. Looking a bit faster now that I started with a fresh database. Will let you know once it's done importing. Smile
Edit 2: 30mins to complete only my tv shows - so not much faster than before it seems, which took 38 mins. Now the question is it something we can improve within the add-on, or is it C ++ side?

If that's the speed we are looking at, it must be really slow on a low powered device. My episodes on a firetvstick takes 28 mins to import, so it must take more than an hour with media import.

I haven't really looked into performance yet. For Emby import testing I've only setup a small library with a ~200 movies and 10 tvshows because I usually don't use Emby server. I'm pretty sure there are potential improvements in the C++ code since I haven't done any performance optimization yet. Currently it processes one item after another, tries to find a matching already imported item, checks if they are the same or need to be updated etc. Furthermore it's possible to displaying every imported item title in the progress indicator might also slow things down (we had the same problem with database cleaning).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2017-06-18, 09:41
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10