Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
Just bought a U9-H earlier this week as X8-H Plus couldn't play 10bit 4k. What a nightmare it's been. 
My current showstopping issue is that while 4K playback looks awesome, 1080p videos have many problems.
I have tried all combinations of settings both in Kodi 17.6 and Android - nothing helps.
Playback is jerky. Same videos on the X8-H plus are silky smooth. This is most noticeable on panning. It jumps like crazy on the U9-H whereas it was really smooth on X8-H Plus.

Now i'm contemplating swapping the devices depending on what i want to use - 4k video, connect the U9, anything else connect the X8 (I've run out of HDMI ports on the TV).
To make this simpler i'd need to move the media off an external USB drive and on to a NAS (and spend more money to get the NAS!)
Why is this so difficult? It seems to me that MINIX are pushing this hardware out without ensuring that there is a reliable software solution for playing media on it.

I really wish i could unsee 4K and sell the TV. When 1080p was the limit, everything was perfect and simple.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by darther - 2017-12-08, 01:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6