Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
(2018-03-02, 15:17)sw4y Wrote: But it fails when it comes to deinterlacing of live tv content (failing may be too hard, because some people might be totally satisfied with what they see).
Due to the kernel problems of the S912 and missing ability of hardware accelaration of live tv content, it produces slight juddering (especially when watching football games) which is (at least for me) an absolute no go!
Makes Live-TV unwatchable.
Hmmm, hardware acceleration and hardware deinterlacing still works for mpeg2 and h264 TV broadcasts last time I watched.
I do remember setting the CPU Govn'r to "Performance" caused mini stutter, video playback issues.
Are you sure all video hardware acceleration options are set to "Always" in Kodi video > player settings for both mpeg2 and h264 ?

I would also try @kszaq's original S912 LE 8.2.x to rule out any new Kernel issue.
I do know @codesnake has a Kodi buffering patch that improves video playback smoothness for AML LE Kodi Leia.

@atilaks, you may even want to consider a non LE box to compliment the non HDR ODROID C2 that already runs LE Kodi Krypton.
I highly recommend spending money and getting a complementary Apple TV 4K. You then have a LOT of flexibility to cover pretty much all bases media playback wise. Excellent, high quality TV deinterlacing using MrMC on the ATV4K.
TV channel changing is nearly instantaneous. MrMC is adding some nice cool features to Kodi as well like thumbnail preview - video scrubbing - tvOS style.
I'm impressed how development is progressing Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by wrxtasy - 2018-03-03, 03:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6