Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
Hi!

I am running "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" on my U9 Box. I have few questions/issues:

1) I am still puzzled about 4K HDR and the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option". I have an LG OLED for which I found in a review "4:4:4 color is only shown properly when the input's icon is set to 'PC' (aka PC mode).". Therefore, I am not sure if it is a good idea to send 4:4:4 to the TV to the standard Inputs. My media files are anyway only coded in 4k 4:2:0 10-bit. So its still required/recommended to turn on the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option"?

2) I am mounting cifs shares on the OS level of LibreElec, not using Kodi's smb shares to increase the network performance. However, I just get only reading speeds from my server between 10-15 MByte/s. The MINIX U9 is connected via an Ethernet cable not WiFi. If I plug the same LAN cable into my NUC running also LibreElec using the same OS level mounts, I get reading speeds from my server between 45-50 MByte/s. Therefore, I do not think the low speed using the U9 is a result of my connection or my server but really a problem of the U9 itself. Does anyone has an idea how to improve the network performance of my U9 - different LibreElec image, USB-to-Ethernet adapter, ...? NFS mounts are unfortunately not possible with my server.

3) I guess "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" does not do auto updates on new releases. Can someone please point my to a place where to find always the latest stable image for the U9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by maxHDR - 2018-04-15, 13:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6