Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
(2018-04-15, 13:03)maxHDR Wrote: Hi!

I am running "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" on my U9 Box. I have few questions/issues:

1) I am still puzzled about 4K HDR and the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option". I have an LG OLED for which I found in a review "4:4:4 color is only shown properly when the input's icon is set to 'PC' (aka PC mode).". Therefore, I am not sure if it is a good idea to send 4:4:4 to the TV to the standard Inputs. My media files are anyway only coded in 4k 4:2:0 10-bit. So its still required/recommended to turn on the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option"?

2) I am mounting cifs shares on the OS level of LibreElec, not using Kodi's smb shares to increase the network performance. However, I just get only reading speeds from my server between 10-15 MByte/s. The MINIX U9 is connected via an Ethernet cable not WiFi. If I plug the same LAN cable into my NUC running also LibreElec using the same OS level mounts, I get reading speeds from my server between 45-50 MByte/s. Therefore, I do not think the low speed using the U9 is a result of my connection or my server but really a problem of the U9 itself. Does anyone has an idea how to improve the network performance of my U9 - different LibreElec image, USB-to-Ethernet adapter, ...? NFS mounts are unfortunately not possible with my server.

3) I guess "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" does not do auto updates on new releases. Can someone please point my to a place where to find always the latest stable image for the U9.
Care to share how? Thanks. If its through the Libreelec config addon its not cifs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by Noobidoobi - 2018-06-26, 17:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6