Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hi MikeSiLVO,

I feel I must provide some background here... I noticed some of the aforementioned "issues" way-back-when, in the Krypton version of Aeon Madnox. I didn't report them at that time as A). They were in old obsolete menus, I was sure would at some point be removed, since Aeon Madnox has had many mod additions / removals since Mike Doc took it over. And B). getting the screenshots was too arduous a task at that time (call me lazy).

It would therefore appear, that since I've moved over to Leia Alphas and nightlys, some of the issues I mentioned earlier, in this thread, have already been dealt with in the code-cleanup operation to get Aeon Madnox ready for Leia. With that in mind, I apologise if my earlier post appeared as misleading to anyone using (or thinking of using) this skin.

With that out of the way, there are however some issues I *can* report, since as I said last week, i'd take a look, and post some screenshots if I found anything off. Now I will say, right off the bat, that i'm a bit OCD about the way things look, so some of the things i'm going to mention below, might seem a little petty. I'm going to mention them anyway, it's up to the devs if they decide to implement my suggestions or not. I won't lose any sleep over it, either way.

Smile

NOTE: Due to the forum restriction on post sizes, I can't attach all the images I want to, inline in this single post. So since I don't feel like making 16 seperate posts, instead I'll link to the screenshots I took (via Imgur.com).

KODI Version Used: KODI 18 - Alpha 2 (Nightly) - KodiSetup-20180705-69351527-master-x64.exe
Aeon Nox - Skin Version: Github Edition - e219870 (Downloaded with Github Desktop, and synced to KODI - Portable Mode, via SyncBack Pro)

Issue 1 - Extended Info Setting:

As per "Screenshot - 01" (below) I have the setting to replace Aeon Nox's default info panel with the "Extended Info" panel enabled...

Screenshot - 01: Extended Info - Setting

This works fine on Movies...

Screenshot - 02: Extended Info - Movies

...Not so much on TV shows...

Screenshot - 03: Extended Info - TV Shows

The TV Shows info screen is (to my untrained eye), defaulting to the standard Aeon Madnox info screen (as evidenced by the presence of the "Extended Info" button), and not the "Extended Info" one.

Issue 2 - Missing cdART In "List View":

If you go to Music -> Artists -> Album View, cdART images are not displayed at the "Album List" level...

Screenshot - 04: Artist - Album View

But if you then drill down to track view, the cdART magically appears...

Screenshot - 05: Artist - Track View

Also, as a side note; All views that use rating bars, seem to have the rating bar duplicated (Red Arrow in screenshot)...

Issue 3 - Content settings In A "Sideblade" Rather Than A "Dialog" Box:

When adding new video sources, after setting the source location and name, the following screen appears (for both types of video content)...

Screenshot - 06: Movies - Content Type Settings

...for Movies, and...

Screenshot - 07: TV Shows - Content Type Settings

...For TV Shows.

I don't know if the migration of these dialogs to a "sideblade" arrangement was desired behaviour or not, but either way it doesn't work. I think this screen should be in a standard dialog box, like it always used to be. Because as you can see, the text label for the folder aggregation setting is too long for the sideblade and the text gets overlayed by the switch button. Having it auto-scroll would look like a kluge. It just seems like change for the sake of it, if this was desired behaviour, IMHO.

Issue 4 - Classic OSD Navigation (Restriction):

With the classic OSD panel enabled, it is not possible to navigate LEFT from the position of the "F-RWD" button. You may navigate right to the "Options" button, keep going, and have it re-appear on the left-most icon in the left-hand group, but you cannot navigate LEFT, to that group, from the "F-RWD" button...

Screenshot - 08: Classic OSD Menu

This one IS a carry-over from the Krypton version of the skin, and it's been like this for some time. I'm pretty sure it affects all screens where the "Classic OSD" is used, not just the "Music Vis" screen.

Issue 5 - Classic Vis - Time Panel Setting Mismatch:

The setting for the "Time Panel - Weather Status display" is at odds with the actual appearance of the item within the time panel...

Screenshot - 09: Time Panel Setting / Appearance

I'm pretty sure that if the setting is disabled, a weather icon should be being displayed, and text, when the setting is enabled. Currently, the setting is backwards. So either the label needs re-wording or the setting needs reversing. Also, again, as a side note; Since the bar is called the "Time Panel" and is enabled / disabled by another toggle button further up the settings menu, that refers to it as such, where's the day, date and time that's supposed to be displayed in there as well (second red arrow)?

Issue 6 - List View - Footer Element Spacing:

Ignore the fact that in the following picture, the ratings bar is doubled for a second (as I already mentioned this prior, in this post), but the left-hand elements in the footer, are not evenly-spaced on the left-hand side of the footer in "List-View" like they are on the right-hand side. This is OCD on my part, but it does look uneven nonetheless...

Screenshot - 10: Footer Items (Uneven) Layout - List View

...And a more pronounced view of it in the Music - Wall View...

Screenshot - 11: Footer Items (Uneven) Layout - Wall View

There's no margin at all on the left-hand elements. The (duplicated) ratings bar butts right up against the left-hand side of the screen, and the codec icon butts right up against the ratings bar. As a consequence, the distance between the codec icon and the date seems to be a bit too large (possibly).

While we're on the subject of layout...

Screenshot - 12: Footer Items (Uneven / Missing?) Layout - Episode View

Is there something supposed to be displayed here? As i've checked about a dozen different shows I have - at "Episode View" level, and this space never gets populated with anything - period. At least not in my library.

Issue 7 - Missing Codec Icon (MP3):

I'm not entirely sure what codec "MP3FLOAT" is (see Screenshot - 13, below), but I'm guessing this view has been edited somewhere along the line, and a typo is the result. I can confirm this is not down to the notorious missing icons due to the skin's memory requirements, as has been reported before (which is still an ongoing issue, although not quite so prevalent as before, on Krypton), since a reload of the skin doesn't do anything, nor does (re)starting Kodi and going straight to an MP3 album / track and playing it...

Screenshot - 13: Missing "MP3" Codec Icon - Classic Vis Screen

Since I only have FLAC files (lossless), MP3 files (CBR), and MP3 files (VBR) in my library, I cannot test to see if the issue affects any other formats besides those mentioned. The icon for FLAC files displays fine, and since the MP3 icon also displays fine, elsewhere in the skin, i'm pretty sure (as previously stated), this is not down to anything other than a typo in the XML.

[Potential] Issue 8 - Poster Dodging (Low List View):

I've left this one till last as i'm not 100% sure if this is an issue, or desired behaviour (since there's animation involved). When viewing a TV show season list, using the "Low List" view...

Screenshot - 14: TV Show - Season View (Low List)

Pressing the LEFT cursor key to bring up the "Tooltip" menu causes the TV show poster to move to the left, without the tooltip / sideblade menu appearing...

Screenshot - 15: TV Show - Season View (Low List - Poster Deviation)

...so another LEFT keypress is required to make the tooltip / sideblade menu appear. Is this supposed to happen? If so... Why? Seems a bit redundant, to me. A single RIGHT keypress despatches the "Tooltip / Sideblade" menu as per expected.

That pretty much covers it for this round of observations, bar one thing. I'd like (if possible), to make a request to one of the devs (I think i'm entitled, given the amount of time it took me to write, and structure this post - don't ask!)...

Back in the days of "Aeon Shednox", and before the new widgets were implemented in Madnox, it was possible to have the "Now Playing" item, on the home screen occupy the "High" position (as it does now), or a "low" position, directly above the menu bar. The option was removed, shortly after the new widgets were introduced, and i'd like to see it return. Either that, or have the "Now Playing" item auto-default to the "low" position, if widgets are not being used on a selected menu item / position...

Screenshot - 16: Now Playing Item - Positioning

Personally, I don't use widgets. I like a clean, uncluttered home screen, and widgets go against that idea for me. So there's a large amount of unused space between the "Now Playing", "Track List" items and the menu bar. I'd like to have the option to place the  "Now Playing" and "track List" items down low, directly above the menu bar, and consolidate the "Free" space towards the top of the screen. Not a critical issue, and it is somewhat OCD on my part, no doubt. But it's the only part of Madnox I don't like, that I have no direct control over (any more).

Anyway, hope this post has proved useful to the devs, it took me long enough to write the damn thing!

Wink

If I notice any more issues on my travels through the skin, i'll make another post, although i'm only likely to notice "issues" with the views / functionality, I personally use. I'm very conservative in my view selection, and don't use any of the "new" views added more recently, so am unlikely to come across issues with regards those items. I'll leave it to others who DO use them, to post their issues in that instance.

Smile

Regards,

Dan / Gib.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
MADNOX FAQ - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX HELP - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
refresh item - by bill1972 - 2016-03-08, 03:31
Keyboard Autocompletion - by JinNJuice - 2016-03-19, 00:26
System Infoline - by reksp13 - 2016-04-09, 05:20
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 17:55
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 18:01
Leia - Madnox Problems - by Picard - 2017-06-22, 04:15
VideoLyrics - by Pr.Sinister - 2018-04-05, 23:40
RE: Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - [RC2 Revision 0.9.1] 30/05 - by gibxxi - 2018-07-11, 05:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39