Mod Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)
Smile 
(2018-09-14, 09:45)black_eagle Wrote: There were some improvements made to the displaying of show icons and channel icons when playing back a recording on 13/09/18.  I hope you'll be updating soon.
I've updated it to reflect the latest changes in Leia Beta2, is this the update you are referring to or are you using the nightly builds?

(2018-09-14, 09:45)black_eagle Wrote: I have set up channel groups to facilitate moving around the guide quickly.  So, I have 'all channels', 'favourites', 'films', 'music', 'kids', 'news', etc - something similar to the sky guide on non Q boxes. But, there is an issue !  Currently, to get to those, you have to scroll all the way to the top of the current channel list and then one more press of 'up' takes you to the groups bar.  I think this is a clunky way of it working (all 4 of my kodi instances are remote only, no keyboard and certainly no mouse attached) and I wondered if it was possible to make the 'back' action move to that bar from the guide ?
I agree that this is awkward using a remote, you could try editing this section of the keyboard.xml file:

:

<TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">Back</g>
      <e>PreviousMenu</e>
      <t>ShowTimerRule</t>
      <epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
      <g>NextChannelGroup</g>
      <z>NextChannelGroup</z>

<backspace>NextChannelGroup</backspace>     <!-- back should now select next channel group -->
      <backspace mod="longpress">Back</backspace> <!-- longpress back should now exit tvguide -->

<browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
      <period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>

Not quite what you suggested but might be worth a try  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Estuary Plus Skin with improved readability throughout (UPDATED 13/09/2018) - by linknet - 2018-09-14, 10:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)3