Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2018-11-06, 13:42)outcave Wrote: One second...
Please do not confuse the "Colorspace switch" with the "Colorspace conversion".
Based on my test, now the Nvidia Shield is able ONLY to make Colorspace conversion.
What I want from Nvidia is the "Colorspace switch".

@timstephens24 and @noggin I can assure you that even if the Nvidia Shield Colorspace conversion done well I'm able to see chromatic differences on my Panasonic OLED TV between "pure" Rec. 709 and Rec. 709 converted to Rec. 2020 when I put in play Rec. 709 content.

I cannot see "washed color" problem as reported by various users in the Shield Forum, but I can assure you that a "pure" Rec. 709 is different from a Rec. 709 converted to Rec. 2020.

Anyway, someone know if Nvidia is working on Colorspace switch?

Thanks.

If you are watching on an HDR Panasonic OLED then surely you are comparing the gamut conversion of your TV vs the gamut conversion of the Shield TV?  You may notice a difference - but I'm not sure how you are defining "pure"?

Have you done a full calibration of your OLED in SDR Rec 709 from a "pure" Rec 709 source (and what gamma did you calibrate to - 2.2, 2.4 or Rec.1886?), and how is your TV calibrated for a Rec 2020 input?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by noggin - 2018-11-06, 21:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5